Home > News > Round Four of Recovery and Reinvestment Contracts Set to be Advertised for April DOH Bidding
Round Four of Recovery and Reinvestment Contracts Set to be Advertised for April DOH Bidding
CHARLESTON—Various types of bridge work (cleaning and painting, bridge replacement and bridge overlays) leads the projects being advertised during the fourth round of Recovery and Reinvestment contracts to be opened during the April 30 bid letting according to Secretary of Transportation Paul Mattox.
“The West Virginia Division of Highways continues to demonstrate our commitment to spend the ARRA funds responsibly,” Mattox said. “This latest round of projects is no different as we begin a focus on bridge work.”
The bridge cleaning and painting contracts are:
- Northbound and southbound lanes of the Kenton Meadows Sr. Bridge 6.04 miles south of US 19 along I-79
- Madison Avenue Overpass Bridge .2 miles north of I-64 along US 52
- Mountain Avenue Bridges both east and west 4.05 miles east of County Route 60/14 along I-64
- Little Coal River Bridges both north and south just north of County Route 8 along US 119
- East River Mountain Tunnel Overpass Bridge 0.15 mile west of County Route 290/1 along US 52
- 4-U Bridge .05 miles south of US 33 along County Route 9
A contract also calls for the replacement of the Shepherd Bridge spanning Fish Creek 1.0 mile west of County 86/1 along County 74 in Marshall County.
Also in Marshall County, a Latex Modified Concrete Overlay project is called for on the Bellaire Interchange Bridge along US 250.
The sole resurfacing contract calls for 1.94 miles Muddlety Road in Fockler Branch, .03 miles south of 43/1 to .20 miles north of County 43/1, along US 19 in Nicholas County.
Slide repairs are called to be made along Bethesda Road 1.53 miles north of County 37/38 along WV 37 in Wayne County.